Samsung SDI is a leading solution provider in materials and energy. Established in 1970, Samsung SDI began as a producer of cathode ray tubes and entered the energy solution business in 2002.
It has since successfully transformed itself into a provider of batteries and energy storage systems, while expanding into the field of automotive batteries.
Samsung SDI's products include small-sized lithium-ion batteries, automotive batteries, energy storage systems, materials for semiconductors and displays, plastic for electronic devices and vehicles, as well as artificial marble.
In 2015, Samsung SDI acquired the battery pack business of Magna International, a leading global automotive supplier. The move is widely regarded as Samsung SDI’s key step toward expanding its battery business on the global market.
JAWA provided SAMSUNG SDI for quality management with inforum a customized solution.
- Web portal including news, online registration, etc.
- Project management supplier management with APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning)
- Activities definition and execution of work packages, logging and monitoring of tasks that have been agreed upon
- Problem solving Establishing structured incident management according to the 8D-method
- Managing claims continuous workflow starting with the first system entry or SAP data import all the way to the settlement with the supplier
- Sampling PPAP/PPF (Production process and product release)
- Audits managing the complete audit lifecycle with easy status tracking
- Packaging Planning Tool container and carrier planning
- Multi-lingual (GE and EN)
- Multi-site (for use in different plants)